Bruno Zamborlin, Joint PhD in Arts and Computer Science between Goldsmiths Computing, University of London and IRCAM-Centre Pompidou, Realtime Musical Interactions team in Paris.
My research focuses on new methods for gestural interaction with everyday objects and their applications in the creation of new interfaces for musical expression. View my selected publications.
I’m also Principal Investigator of two RCUK grants by the NEMODE research programme and Sustainable Society Network+.
- Prize “Jeune chercheur” (young researcher) 2012 in Science and Music, conferred by IRISA (Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes Aléatoires) at the “Day of Science and Music 2012″ on October 13, 2012.
- First prize at Laval Virtual 2012, 14th International conference on Virtual Reality and Converging Technology in the “Interfaces and materials” category.
- Nominee for the ICT Spring Europe Innovation of the Year 2012
My talk at TEDx Brussels!
- Public intervention, commissioned by Urban Prototyping London and Digital Shoreditch. Hoxton square, London. 28 May 2013 9am – 8pm
- Sonification of Thomas Heatherwick’s Spun chair, V&A museum, London. 21-22 May 2013, 11am – 4pm
- Performance with Plaid at Gaite Lyrique in Paris on November 28 for the IRCAM forum 2012.
My last project is called Mogees. Watch the short video below or click here for more details and credits.